Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2011 by Tarsono Rahayu
Before we discussing about manic depression symptoms, I'll give you some illustration. So hope you more understanding about manic depression symptoms.
In everyday life we often find something that each pair, the male to female, night and day, fast with a slow, wet to dry and so on. Even one day we also ever felt the feelings of sadness, disappointment, listlessness and other times we've felt a sense of excitement, joy and passion.
But do you ever feel very sad, hopeless, there is no hope to change drastically at that time also be feeling very happy, enthusiastic or otherwise, from feeling very happy to be feeling very sad turn of repeated and occur within minutes and took place in long periods of time? Hopefully you never experienced, because of what I mentioned is not just ordinary mood swings, but the mood changes so quickly from sad to happy or vice versa is one of psychological disorders. The disorders referred to as manic depression and the symptoms are called Manic Depression Symptoms.
manic depression or Manic Depression Symptoms or now called bipolar disorder, is a mood disorder, from the lowest mood or condition is severe depression such as feelings of sadness, despair, no spirit, no passion turn into The highest mood or conditions are severe mania such as feeling very excited, very happy. Mood swings from the lowest mood to the highest mood or otherwise they will take place so quickly, at some time experienced a deep feeling of sadness but a few moments later changed drastically to be feeling very happy. Therefore, this disorder was called bipolar disorder, because the patient experienced two poles (bi = two, polar = polar) mood opposing and contradictory: it is very sad and very happy. If described in the picture something like the picture below
Figure 1. Manic depression: from the very mania to depression or vice versa
This disorder usually start to appear Manic Depression Symptoms at the age of 18-24 years and Manic Depression Symptoms continues throughout life span.
Manic Depression Symptoms
Because people with manic depression symptoms experience two extreme mood, then the symptoms are also a symptom of the two mood. If the person is experiencing a manic episode, the symptoms are the symptoms of mania, if the person in an episode of depression then the symptoms are depression symptoms. Here are the symptoms of each episode.
Symptoms of mania in people with manic depression symptoms:
- incoherent thoughts and think fast as pursued, mind skipping
- joy that does not match
- Inappropriate social behavior
- Increased sexual desire
- difficult to speak quickly followed by another org, often with a louder voice
- increased energy, increased activity, over-activity
- Poor judgment
- severe insomnia
- Restlessness and lack of rest
- Sensitive, irritable
- Unable to concentrate
- Having thoughts that are not realistic about the ability and strength, feeling great and wonderful
- Aggressive behavior
- Refuse, that all things considered wrong
whereas depressive symptoms in Manic Depression Symptoms are as follows:
- Decreased appetite or overeating, resulting in weight loss or weight gain
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering, and making decisions
- Fatigue, decreased energy, and a slowing
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness helpless
- Feelings of hopelessness and pessimism
- Insomnia, waking up too early or even excessive sleep
- Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities once enjoyed, including sex
- Complaining of physical pain such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain
- Constantly feeling sad and anxious
- Restlessness, irritability
- thinking about death, or attempted suicide.
Causes of Manic Depression SymptomsManic depression and the symptoms called Manic Depression Symptoms does not have a single cause. Could be due to genetic factors is the occurrence of interference due to hereditary factors. A person who suffered from Manic Depression Symptoms is likely to have parents or ancestors who are also experiencing similar problems. Similarly, if a person suffers from Manic Depression Symptoms then it is possible they will be passed down to children or descendants so that they will be suffered disruption as well as by his descendants. Can also be caused by an imbalance of neurotransmitters, the chemicals that are used to relay, modulate, and strengthen the signal between neurons and other cells. Or in other words, Neurotransmitters are chemicals in the brain that connects information between cells in the brain nerves. Can also be caused due to abnormal thyroid function, circadian rhythm disorders, and high levels of stress hormone cortisol.
External environmental factors or psychological factors are also believed to be involved in eliciting Manic Depression Symptoms. External factors are referred to as the trigger factor. The factors are as follows:
- Stress. Unpleasant events in life can trigger Manic Depression Symptoms in a person with a genetic susceptibility. Like losing a loved one, fired from his job and so on.
- Substance Abuse. Substance abuse itself does not cause Manic Depression Symptoms, but it can trigger and worsen the course of the disease suffered. Drugs such as cocaine, ecstasy, and amphetamines can trigger mania, while alcohol and tranquilizers can trigger depression.
- Medication - certain medications can trigger mania, such as cold medicine, appetite suppressants, caffeine, corticosteroids, and thyroid medications.
- Seasonal Changes. Episodes of mania and depression often follow a seasonal pattern. Manic episodes are more common during the summer, and depressive episodes more common during the winter season.
- Lack of sleep. Loss of sleep can trigger episodes of mania.
what to do?
patients with Manic Depression Symptoms will experience a high recurrence if not treated. Patients with severe mania usually need hospitalization to avoid the actions or behaviors that are at risk. Similarly, patients with severe depression usually need hospitalization to avoid actions based on thoughts and suicide.
If you or your brother was experiencing Manic Depression Symptoms then it is advisable to immediately go to the doctor or psychiatrist. If the doctor certifies that a positive diagnosis of Manic Depression Symptoms, so try to avoid the atmosphere which could trigger the emergence of Manic Depression Symptoms they will be, or seek immediate help if you feel you're experiencing the symptoms. And no less important is to take medication regularly to minimize risk.
How is the treatment of Manic Depression Symptoms
When episodes of depression that is emerging is treated the same as treatment for symptoms of depression. Namely given antidepressant medication and psychological therapy. When episodes of mania that is being experienced it can be treated with anti-psychotic drugs, (such as olanzapine, quetiapine and risperidone) or with medications to stabilize mood, sepereti lithium or valproate. Medication to stabilize mood is usually used for long-term treatment, in order not to prevent Manic Depression Symptoms relapse.
Related articles for manic depression symptomsmanic depression symptoms
Category Article manic depression symptoms
One Response to “manic depression symptoms”